Lawyers’ Assistance Program is a certified provider for Minimum Continuing Legal Education and all of our programs qualify for the professionalism and ethics requirement.
LAP staff members and volunteers provide educational programs to law firms, bar associations, government offices, and legal organizations. Programs are available in varying lengths with our most popular programs in one and one-half or two hour presentations. LAP representatives are also available to serve on panels or provide certain segments of programs presented by other entities.
Although we can tailor any program to specific needs or audiences, our most popular educational programs are:
- The Happy Lawyer: The Path from Stress to Well-Being
- The Impaired Lawyer: When a Colleague Needs Help
- An Overview of the Lawyers’ Assistance Program
- Stress Hardiness: Resilience Training for Lawyers
- Lawyers and Suicide: What We Can Do
- Striving for Balance in a High Stress Job (online)
- The Impaired Lawyer: When a Colleague Needs Help (online)
There is no charge for our MCLE programs, but we do encourage donations to help cover the administrative costs of these events and to help provide initial treatment assistance for the legal professionals we help who do not have health insurance or the financial ability for treatment beyond the scope of LAP services. Lawyers’ Assistance Program is a 501c(3) not for profit corporation.